Collaboration celebrates proud heritage.
In order to expand its educational influence, The Scots College, through the Presbyterian Church Property Trust, procured a building in Dolls Point. Known as Primrose House, this 1891 building had been a hotel, school, home for boys, post-war convalescent home and, more recently, an administration centre for the local area health department. In buying this building, The Scots College wanted to acknowledge its first school at Brighton-Le-Sands, which was once in close proximity to the site.
The official opening of the completed project also coincided with the College’s 125th year in Sydney.
Impact Group was commissioned to undertake the management of the works. These included the adaptive reuse from an administration building to a preparatory school, as well as removal of the building’s external fabric to reveal the original envelope.
The 1891 building now has a new lease on life.
From the outset, it was clear that all stakeholders were passionate about the outcome. The appointed builder had a long history with the College, and the College itself wanted to maintain a very close monitoring and supervisory role. Therefore, a commitment to collaboration was central to the project’s success.
The works undertaken by Impact Group included:
- Design management
- Project management
- Council liaison
- Cost management
- Authority applications