Innovation solves Sydney’s affordable-housing gap.
Like many suburbs across Sydney, St Marys has suffered from a lack of affordable housing that can also meet the needs of people with disabilities.
Wentworth Community Housing was determined to address this lack of supply and initially approached Impact Group to assist in identifying and acquiring a suitable site for such a project. The outcome was a well-located site providing two residential towers consisting of four and five storeys, respectively.
The project included 49 apartments, basement carpark, external areas and associated infrastructure. The apartments were specifically designed to offer a mix of social and affordable housing. Accessibility was extremely important, as was achieving compliance with strict government regulations.
The project had to be delivered to very tight delivery timeframes.
Support across the project lifecycle.
After completing a Preliminary Site Assessment Report, including cost and end-value forecasts, Impact Group provided the full scope of development services. These were:
- Development management
- Site due diligence and feasibility appraisal
- Project management
- Design management from project inception through to construction documentation
- Management of the Development Application process
- Management of tender procurement phase
- Contract administration during construction
- Commissioning and handover
Click here for more details